We are always on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about what they do and stay up-to-date on the latest technology.
If you are up for a challenge and open to finding new ways to solve problems, apply to join the ADS team!
Senior Automation Designer
Assembly Design Services (ADS) designs high-quality custom automated assembly machines and testing equipment tailored to our customer’s needs. With over 100 years of combined experience, we at ADS provide customers with efficient, robust, and cost-effective ways to aid their projects in succeeding.
Are you looking for a career you are truly passionate about? Do you wish you had a job that makes you excited to come back to work everyday? ADS might be the perfect fit for you! We are currently looking for a Senior Automation Designer seeking the ideal, collaborative company environment.
This individual is responsible for the preparation of engineering layout drawings for complex mechanisms including special machines, tools, gages, and fixtures used in the manufacture of products. This position requires the ability to exercise good judgment when making independent decisions with minimal supervision. The drawings and designs will be prepared against general standards, customer design requirements, and standard drafting practices, taking into account the manufacturing processes involved. Instructing, training, and assisting in the supervision of subordinates is expected.
- Operate SolidWorks in a Windows environment
- Orthographic, isometric, and auxiliary view projection
- Advanced dimensioning and tolerancing (including G.D.&T.)
- Communicate design intent and direction to customers, Designers, Checkers, and Detailers
- Prepare and/or review engineering designs
- Work with Layout Designers to propose, create, and develop concept and layout drawings
- Maintain schedules, records, and job files as required for adherence to Superior Concepts quality system
- Frequent interaction with customers and vendors
- Assist in job/project coordination
- Proficient Layout Designer skills
- Advanced SolidWorks skills
- Advanced mechanical drafting skills
- Calculate deflections, component sizing requirements, etc.
- Advanced creative thinking skills
- People management skills
- Advanced knowledge of modern fabricating/machining methods and material properties
- Well developed understanding of machine tooling design/engineering principals
- Knowledge of and ability to properly size all machine/tooling components including: cylinders, grippers, clamps, slides, springs, motors, fasteners, etc.
- Ability to select proper tooling detail materials
- Process efficiency planning experience of common fabrication, machining, and tool-making methods
- Teamwork mindset with a focus on interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Individual time management skills
High School Graduate or equivalent
Two year Associates Degree or Technical Institute Certificate or equivalent experience
10 years of work experience in mechanical design preferred, or equivalent ability
- Team focused work environment
- Health insurance (including vision and dental)
- 401(K) match
- Holiday pay
- Paid Paternity and family leave
ADS exists to provide the best, most cost-effective designs on time and on budget. We enjoy the whole process of machine design, from initial concept to final debug.
ADS champions a challenging and enjoyable work environment, dedicated to problem-solving and flexibility. We believe an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration always brings forth the best results, encouraging our employees and clients alike to grow and learn along the way.